That beautiful time of the year is around the corner ! it’s time for those red wine enriched delicious recipes in time for holidays. This one is a delicious chicken recipe that’s easy to prepare and to share.
- Chicken thighs or breasts , I preferably used thighs and drumsticks !
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 lemon
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 1 batch fresh basil leaves
- Fresh parsley
- 1 chopped white onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- Salt , pepper , garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Complete seasoning – I used Badia!
- Bring chicken to thaw if frozen and rub with salt all over. Place in a bowl and chop onions and garlic , add olive oil and mix well
- Season chicken and place in the fridge for 10 minutes- p.s the longer you leave the chicken to marinade the richer the flavors are when it’s bakes !
- Add balsamic and red wine to the chicken and mix.
- Bring an oven try and cover one layer of olive oil and begin placing the chicken along with onions and cover with sliced tomatoes , Basil and parsley.
- Squeeze 1 lemon and then place in the tray to cook with the chicken – so I’ve discovered lemon can easily dry the chicken so don’t use too much, the red wine encounter helps maintain a soft texture !
- Bring the oven to preheat at 350F
- place the chicken in the oven to cook on high heat 450F making sure to poke with a toothpick in order to allow the sauces to absorb as well as tossing it to each side for approx 45 minutes
Serve with a side of pasta or salad and enjoy !