When it comes to steak, depending on the different cuts- you need to be able to properly prepare it for the grill. I prepared a beef tenderloin steak, this is a tricky one. This type of steak is very tender- hence the name- you need to properly season it for preparation, marinate it and cook it thoroughly. You can’t serve it too raw, but you also can’t over-cook it. Enjoy this delicious herb and peppercorn steak recipe!
- tenderloin steak
- 1 white onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- cajun seasoning
- olive oil
- thaw the steak and bring to room temperature. Sprinkle with salt and pepper corn and cover it for 10 minutes.
- Chop onions , garlic and mix in with the steak. Add two table spoons olive oil per 4 steaks, season with Cajun and oregano. Leave to marinate outside the fridge for 45 minutes.
- Fire up your BBQ or your charcoal grill on high heat, do this for 10 minutes to ensure your grill is clean and hot for the steaks
- bring each steak to the grill and don’t flip for 6.5-7 minutes each side , do NOT cover your BBQ or grill.
- Allow each side of the steak to thoroughly grill before flipping the grill.
- After approx 14 minutes of grilling, bring the fire to low and then cover the steak for 5 minutes each side. This step is important for tenderloin steak and prevents it from overcooking or drying