This pesto chicken is defiantly one of my favorites !
- Chicken breasts
- Chili flakes
- Pesto sauce ( there many different types. I used a basil pesto paste )
- Chopped garlic
- Parm cheese ( shredded )
- Olive oil
- Firstly work the pesto paste adding a couple of drops of water and steer.
- Add the chopped garlic , mix in salt , pepper , chili flakes and parm cheese- it should be a sort of purée.
- Bring the chicken to room temperature. And as the health regulations advice against washing the chicken! It may spread the bacteria in your sink and cause it to multiply and transfer to your other foods and utensils.
- Instead of washing chicken, add salt and leave it to reach room temperature.
- When the chicken is about warm, start polishing each side with the pesto sauce.
You have couple of options to cook the chicken
- You could bake it in the oven on high heat.
- Pan fry with a little olive oil
- Grill on the bbq
Enjoy this declicious meal and don’t forget to follow my Instagram page and tag me in your dish photos for a feature !