This is by far my favorite combination of protein and carbs in one dish , spaghetti and meatballs in tomato sauce. I’m going to explain step by step how to make this delicious recipe.
- Lean ground beef, or ground beef mix, whichever you prefer.
- 1 cupChopped parsley
- 1 whole chopped white onion
- 4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning mix
- 1 tsp Chili flakes
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- Spaghetti pasta
- Tomato sauce
- Olive oil
- Cream cheese
- 1 whole uncooked egg
- Firstly you’re going to bring the meat to room temperature , advising against washing meat following FDA health regulations. Washing meat and chicken can lead to the spread of bacteria in your sink and transfer to your other foods. The heat is enough to kill all the bacteria in all meats and chickens.
- Bring the ground beef to a deep dish bowl and mix along with all seasons as well as chopped onions and garlic. Include a beaten egg and mix thoroughly
- Refrigerate for 30 mins – 1 hour
- Add olive oil to a frying pan and place meatballs to cook on medium or low heat
- Meanwhile boil water and place the pasta in it with added salt
- Cook the meatballs for approx 5 mins on each side or until browned
- You can tomato sauce of your choice, i personally prefer Barilla tomato & herb tomato sauce. Add olive oil to pan on low heat along with tomato sauce and season to flavor. Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce
- Cook on low heat for 15- 20 minutes then serve with spaghetti. Add 1 tsp of cream cheese to the sauce