Creamy starch goodness for all my vegan potato lovers, here’s a simple potato soup recipe for you!
1. 1 whole chopped onion
2. 2 chopped garlic cloves
3. 2 1/2 cups almond milk
4. For a serving of 2, use 3 peeled potatoes
5. 2 teaspoons of flour
6. 1/2 teaspoon salt
7. 1/2 teaspoon pepper
8. Fresh cilantro
9. Olive oil
- Bring the 3 peeled potatoes to boil in a deep pot with approx 3 cups of water. Adjust to heat to a medium high and boil until potatoes are tender. Remove the potatoes and drain them from the water and set aside. Note: For this recipe, I diced one of the potatoes into small cutlets for additional topping.
- Using the same pot, sauté the chopped onions and garlic in olive oil on low heat. Add the flour and seasoning and mix well until all ingredients have blended.
- Adjusting the heat to low, add the almond milk and stir gently.
- Having the potatoes cooled down, cut them into cubes and/or you may smash the potatoes using a fork and mix into the pot.
- Cook ingredients for 15 minutes on low heat, serve and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy and tag me in your photos @cookeatstudyrepeat on instagram!